StarTech - Networking USB-A Extender Adapter Kit Cat5e/Cat6 (RJ45) Up to 165ft - Black
High Speed USB Port Extender Adapter Kit - Powered - USB over Ethernet Cable Extender - 480Mbps - Metal
Connect a USB 2.0 device to your computer over long distances, using this single-port USB extender
- USB 2.0 EXTENDER: Extend 1x USB 2.0 connection up to 165ft (50m) over CAT5/CAT5e/CAT6 ethernet cable with data transfer rates up to 480Mbps; LED monitors connectivity including power & link status
- CONNECT REMOTE USB DEVICES: This high speed USB extender provides a remote USB port, allowing access to devices like kiosks, touch displays, plotters, laser cutters, 3D printers, & web cams
- RUGGED USB EXTENDER: Built with durable metal housing for commercial environments; Incls. USB 2.0 cable (24 in [60 cm]), RJ45 cable (63 in [160 cm]), and rubber feet to prevent accidental movement
- USB EXTENDER KIT: Remote extender (receiver) powered with incl. 10W adapter, providing up to 500mA of power for attached devices; Local extender (transmitter) is USB host bus powered
- PLUG-AND-PLAY: USB devices over this CAT5e/CAT6 adapter extender with driverless installation & compatible w/ Windows, macOS & Linux; Backwards compatible with USB 1.1 devices
Here’s a versatile and cost-effective USB 2.0 extender. It gives you the freedom you need to place your USB device further away, making it perfect for the homes, offices, classrooms, and many other environments. Now, you can easily access and use your USB 2.0 device in a remote location, up to 165 ft. (50 m) away, using Cat5 or Cat6 cable.
Eliminate hassle and smash distance limitations
This USB extender overcomes the 16 ft. cable length limitations of traditional USB 2.0 cables, so you can create a more efficient, more flexible workspace.
It’s an inexpensive USB-to-Ethernet solution that’s ideal for virtually any USB 2.0 device. You can connect a webcam at the back of a classroom, or a printer in another room at the office, all up to 50 m away from your host computer.
Plus, with a power adapter included for the remote unit, you can connect power-hungry USB devices such as external hard drives.
Rugged durability and peace of mind
Unlike other USB extenders that feature a plastic housing, this extender offers a metal casing that offers rugged durability. Whether the extender is installed in a permanent location, or will be moved from place to place, it gives you the peace of mind that your USB peripheral remains connected and accessible, right where you need it.
Supports any operating system as well as older devices
The USB 2.0-over-Cat5-or-Cat6 extender is OS independent, so it supports a variety of operating systems. Setup is easy with no additional drivers or software required, and the extender is backward compatible with USB 1.1 and 1.0 peripherals.
This product is TAA compliant and backed by a Startech.com 2-year warranty with free lifetime technical support.
- Use as a mid-point repeater to increase the connection distance of your USB peripheral and to reduce cable clutter
- Perfect for environments where the host computer is in an inaccessible location
- No need to run new wiring, you can extend USB connections between rooms using existing direct, in-wall Cat5 or Cat6 cable
- Tech Data Canada1321XR
- TD SYNNEX Canada5787653
- ASI Distribution Canada194469
- D&H CanadaUSB2001EXTVCA